This magnificent sandstone building used to be the casino in San Sebastian in the Basque region of North Spain. It is now the city hall where the city council govern after the casino closed in 1924 due to the prohibition of gambling. The building was built in 1887 in the Gardens of Alderdi-Eder of San Sebastián. On April 14 of 1928 an agreement was reached to open in this building the Center of Attraction and Tourism. On 20 January of 1945 the council was moved to this building. The architects Alday and Arizmendi amended the initial project in 1943 and transformed the former casino in council.